Friday, September 6, 2013


*Disclaimer: The opinions are solely mine and do not reflect those of the Peace Corps or U.S. Government




Thursday, September 4th, 2013, 10:42 

Very little sleep last night, up at 4:45.  

Tried to eat a bit-some unsweetened applesauce, as I suspect I may not be able to get it in Nepal (especially since I couldn't find it in Ireland and ended up resorting to baby food!).

To the sweet little Missoula airport with the parents.  Only cried a little, I was proud of how well I held it together.  Bought a dreamcatcher and small eagle statue as host family gifts-plus Glamour(of course!).  

Dad kept it together pretty well.  Went through security-it's always embarrassing handing your boarding pass to the homeland security agent with tears streaming down your face.

Lost it on the plane-I played "Country Road" on a loop and sobbed.  The guy next to me with B.O. was probably really uncomfortable, however, as I finished crying after 20 minutes, he STANK for the whole flight-so there!

Waiting in the Salt Lake Airport-bought a $50 memory card for my camera-but, of course, it doesn't fit, so now I have a camera with no memory-yay!  Flight is delayed, so I may be late for orientation-not a great way to make a first impression-I hate being late.

Orientation was long-made longer by no food until 7:30.  Nice to meet everybody, but the whole process was exactly what you'd expect-the most boring part of the whole experience, ah well.

In the airport now, off to Tokyo, then Bangkok, then Kathmandu.

We nearly lost some people a couple of times, who here's hoping that we all make it to Nepal!!

We all had our last American meals (Toasted sesame seed bagel with cream cheese and a blueberry muffin).

Off to my gate-next stop-Asia!

xoxo

Zoop






No comments:

Post a Comment