Sunday, September 29, 2013

My last few posts have been pretty negative, so I thought it would be a good exercise to review some of the amazing things about this adventure that I'm on, so, in no particular order, here's what's good in Nepal:

-Surprisingly good pastry.

-Clean air.

-The simple pleasure of doing a face-mask with a friend, or taking a normal shower-even if it's with cold water.

-Sunsets/sunrises.

-Being surprised by how much people care.

-Writing a word or sentence in Nepali, with minimal help from a host family member.

-Singing on a long, dusky walk home.

-Being able to buy fabric, negotiate a discount and order tailoring all on your own, in Nepali.

-Egg/Chow Chow(like packaged ramen noodles-they come in flavors like "chicken pizza") spring rolls, dripping in grease,with ketchup-even better when shared with a friend, after a long day of shopping.

-Finding out that apple vodka and pepsi actually aren't too bad together.

-Being so used to spiders that seeing one the size of a fist (next to my door handle) doesn't freak me out, since, HEY, at least it's smaller than that hand-sized one I saw the day before!

-Getting the pronunciation right!

And listen, I've never done this blog thing before, so I don't really know what to write, so if y'all have requests for things you'd like to know about, please post comments and I'll try to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment