Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

28/11/13

Thanksgiving

We finished our GLOW project yesterday and it was surprisingly successful!  I think we were all a bit worried about it-we didn’t have a lot of time to prepare.  We showed a video about girls staying in school, followed by a discussion.  Then, we brought in a nurse, a teacher and one of our PC staff to talk to the girls about careers.  This was followed by bracelet making, writing a letter to their future selves and then I taught a dance class.  I had a great time teaching the class and it makes me excited for starting a dance class at my permanent site. 

After GLOW, I brought Hannah and Elizabeth to see our newborn goats and eat sel roti that my Didi made for a wedding.  That evening I put on my nice kurta surwal and walked down to the wedding with my family.  We went to one house to give the give the bride money and puja(rice dyed red and flower petals) and then next door for food.  We returned home after about an hour where I spent an hour peeling and cutting apples for Thanksgiving.

This morning I made applesauce for the American breakfast that our cluster is having.  We’ll be eating French toast, eggs, fruit salad and applesauce.  Then we will be going into Chautara for a Thanksgiving dinner organized by the volunteers.  I’m excited for something new, and, at this point, am pretty used to ramshackle Thanksgivings.

Thanksgiving was great-I am getting used to ramshackle Thanksgivings, at this point.

We had chicken, mashed potatoes(made by me and Ben) green bean casserole, roti, three kinds of desserts and various other things.

I then went home, listened to "The Hunger Games" and played solitaire for, like, 2 hours.


 XOXO


Zoop

No comments:

Post a Comment